Gutter cleaning is one of the items on that long list of things we never think about when everything's
working. Usually, the fact that the gutters need to be cleaned only gets our attention when
when it's too late and something's wrong and by that time, the gutters need to be cleaned and they need
to be cleaned NOW!
Things that can result from stopped up gutters:
- Dampness seeping into your walls and ceiling.
- Water leaking into your walls, ceiling and second story floors.
- Mold and mildew buildup inside your home.
- Water damage to your roof sheeting.
- Dry rot to your roofing material, underlayment and rafter tails.
- Damage to the gutters themselves and your overhang.
- Personal or property damage - the weight of the wet material in your gutters can actually
pull the gutter off the building.
Yes, it's a dirty, wet, messy job but cleaning the gutters on your home still needs to be done. Most
homes will be ok with cleaning once a year, others need cleaning twice a year. If you're wondering
if this is something you can do yourself, there are a couple of things to think about.
Are you comfortable with heights? Do you have the equipment? Are you 'handy' with tools and outdoor
things? If not then, maybe it's better to leave the job to a professional. Monterey Gutter Cleaning can get
the job done at an affordable price and with none of the hassle. Call (831) 869-2804 today for more information.